So I have decided to participate in another read-a-thon this month, I am really trying to push to get my reading going as I am already off to a slow start to the month.
The bust-a-thon is a read-a-thon designed to really pound at your TBR, running from the 4th to the 10th of Feb. More information can be found at @tbrbustathon on twitter, including all of the challenges and further information.
There are 7 challenges, however I am not planning on completing all of them.
- Read a book that has been on your TBR for over 2 years
- Read a banned book
- Read a 400+ page book
- Read a YA contemporary
- Read a book with a pink/red cover
- Read a popular book you haven’t read yet
- Read a book published after November 2017
I have decided to pick up the following books…
- Dark Witch by Nora Roberts, this has been on my TBR for years and I really would like to try and finish this.
- The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman, is the second book of the His Dark Materials Trilogy; which currently sits on this Goodreads banned books list.
- The Summon Stone by Ian Irvine, this is the first book in ‘The Gates of Good and Evil’ Series; it sits at 563 pages.
- I don’t really read contemporary YA so I wont be participating in this challenge.
- My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows and the cover’s covered in bold pink lettering.
- Winter by Marissa Meyer is the final book in the much loved ‘Lunar Chronicles’ and I have been wanting to finish this series for so long and I just need to get it done.
- Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu, was published in January 2nd 2018 and this is the sequel to WonderWoman: Warbringer.
Know, as I am currently on a book buying ban, it made sorting this tbr a little difficult; thankfully I had pre-ordered a few books for January and February so I did have books that fit all of these challenges.
I have found my love for audiobooks (in fact I am listening to one as I am doing this blog post!), so I do plan on tackling three of these books on audiobook format. I will be focusing on Winter as I have attempted to read this in physical book before and struggled; however I hope I can fly through the audiobook. I also have The Subtle Knife and The Summon Stone in audiobook format, so if I do manage to finish Winter I plan on picking up one of these.
I do have a busy working week, however if I can read 5 of these books I will be very happy.
Do you plan on participating in the bust-a-thon? Let me know in the comments below. Do you recommend any of these books to start with?