So just a stop in to let you know that I have finished ‘Royal Assassin’ by Robin Hobb just. I mean, less that 5 minutes ago I read the final word. This means two things:
- I have completed the challenges to read more than one tome, to read an adult tome, and to read a tome that is part of a series (and I am pretty sure several other people in this read-a-thon are reading this too, so maybe even buddy read a tome).
- I have completed my personal challenge to read 10 before I return to work!
Here are the 10 books I have devoured in the last 2.5 weeks!
- And I Darken by Keisten White
- Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman
- First Year by Rachel E Carter
- The Gender Game by Bella Forrester
- The High Lord by Trudi Canavan
- Midnight Star by Marie Lu
- Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones
- Twilight V1 by Stephenie Meyer and Young Kim
- The Bronze Key by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black
- Royal Assassin by Robin Hobb
I have loved majority of the books on this list, some being completed in one day! As I am returning to work tomorrow I expect my reading pace to decline however I have set myself the task of ensuring I read a minimum of 50 pages every single day (including the days where I have worked 14-15 hour shifts!). Because of this, I have decided to expand my TBR for the rest of the month!
- Red Sister by Mark Lawrence (106/512)
- The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon (279/466) -inactive
- The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson (265/541)- inactive
Books to read:
- Ink Heart by Cornelia Funke (543)
- Apprentice by Rachel E Carter (357)
- The Ambassador’s Mission by Trudi Canavan (505)
- Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes (306)
- Shadow’s Edge by Brent Weeks (636)
- The Midnight Sea by Kat Ross (317)
I have found it extremely beneficial to have more than one tome actively being read at a time, I found that when I grew drained during Royal Assassin reading a few chapters of Red Sister let me still get reading done. It also meant that I could return to Royal Assassin an hour or so later and feel fresh enough to pick it back up and continue reading! So, because of this I have decided to pick up another tome to actively read alongside Red Sister.
I have decided to start Shadow’s Edge by Brent Weeks. Now I flew through the first in this series The Way of Shadows and it literally dragged me (kicking and screaming) from a reading slump. This is another tale of assassins and their antics, something that I am craving at the moment, and I miss the world. Although it has been a while since I started the Night Angel Trilogy, I remember Kylar and the world, I remember what happened and how it ended.
I may have to be up at 5am for work, but I do plan on laying in bed for the next hour or so and getting a few chapters of this read so I can officially claim it as being actively read. One because I am really excited about getting back into this, and two because I know that if I don’t pick it up now I will keep putting it back on the pile and change my mind about which book to pick up next.
So there is a quick update and the changes to my plans, I don’t doubt that these will change again before the end of the month- they always do. Let me know how your reading is going, in the comments below!
Thanks for stopping by guys,