So you know that for the last two weeks I have been participating in two read-a-thons:
The Tome Topple (5th-19th) – Read big books and challenges
Read-o-Rama (13th-19th) – Challenges
So, Tome Topple was a huge read-a-thon created by Sam from Thoughts on Tomes, encouraging everyone to read larger books as read-a-thons tend to focus on getting through as many books as possible. So in order to be considered a tome, a book had to contain more than 500 pages; but don’t worry, you could read other books as well.
There were five challenges for this read-a-thon:
- Read more than one +500 page book √
- Take a break and read a graphic novel √
- Read a 500+ page book from a series √
- Read more than 500 pages in a week √
- read a 500+page adult (not YA) novel √
I did complete all five of the challenges, however, the non-YA tome was previously started but it was Game of Throne by George R.R. Martin so I am just happy that I finally finished it!
- Challenges complete: 5
- Tome complete: 3 (plus one partial)
- Graphic novels complete so far: 1
- Total books read: 9
- Total pages read: 4294
So what books did I read?
- A Court of Mist and Fury (Sarah J Maas) completed the 500 pages in a week
- Cress (Marissa Meyer) completed the Series challenge
- The Winner’s Crime & The Winner’s Kiss (Marie Rutkoski) Not Tomes
- The Magicians’ Guild (Trudi Canavan) Not a Tome
- Saga Volume 1 (Brian K Vaughan) Completed the graphic novel break challenge
- Storm Glass (Maria V Snyder) Contributed to read more than one tome
- Sea Glass (Maria V Snyder) Not a Tome
- A Game of Thrones (George R.R. Martin) Although partial, completed the non-YA challenge
- Evermore (Alyson Noel) Not a Tome
I feel quite accomplished, especially as I usually only read 1-2 larger books a month. Definitely cleared some space on my TBR shelves!
You can also tell from the list, the books I completed as part of the Read-o-Rama, but lets consider the challenges.
- Read 7 books
- Read a book with RAMA in the title (doesn’t have to be all together)
- Read a book with music
- Read a book to movie/TV adaption
- Read a buddy read
- Read a book with a POC main character
- Read a book of short stories
- Read a book with a one word title
How did I manage to fill 4 challenges, without even considering them? The only time I thought about these challenges was within my original TBR, of which I haven’t stuck to. But I have managed to meet four of the challenges!
A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin contributed to two challenges, as it contains the letters R-A-M-A in the title and it is also an epic TV adaptation!
Through both Storm Glass and Sea Glass by Maria V Snyder, I always read and saw Opal as a POC. It was something that attracted me to the series. For that reason, Sea Glass fills the challenge of reading a book with a POC main character.
And finally, Evermore by Alyson Noel definitely completes the challenge of a one-word title!
I am quite happy with the amount I accomplished over the last two weeks and I hope that I can participate in these read-a-thons again! Thank you to everyone involved!