So its hard not to improve on my last two days reading, and I am so glad that I did! Two things happened reading wise yesterday, I finished a book and almost finished another.
Firstly, I finished Scarlet by Marissa Meyer, the sequel to Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I struggled at the beginning of this book, with the multiple points of view and the pace of the book; but the last 200 pages were fast paced, voices were developed (or I have gotten used to the different voices and could identify them easier). I settled into the reading and I couldn’t put it down!
Secondly, I used the mug of awesomeness to decide on my next read; The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski. I didn’t know what to think of the book before starting, but then I began and it was beautifully written and the storyline is intriguing! I was sad that I couldn’t complete the whole book before I fell asleep, but I did reach page 284 out of 355 pages.
Lets look at the challenges:
- Read 1200 pages
- Read a book with your name on the cover [in progress]
- Read a book set in a place you want to go
- Spell your name with books
- Listen to an audiobook
- Read a book with someone else
- Read a book someone else thinks you will love
- Read a book where the main character has a job you would love
- Read a book where the main character has a job you could see yourself doing
Read a book about something you are passionate about
- Read a book with your favourite colour on the cover [in progress]
- Read a book from your favourite author
So what’s the plan for day 004?
I have two aims reading-wise for day 004, firstly I am going to complete The Winner’s Curse and then I am going to use the mug of awesomeness to determine a second I am going to attempt today!
So that is my progress for day 003! Happy that I am finally making progress and (this was going to be a secret… but) once I complete The Winner’s Curse I will have completed 50 books this year! Which means that I will have completed my Goodreads challenge!
Hope you are having a wonderful reading day!