I know I am a little late for my daily update but when it comes to yesterday, my only reading happened from about 11pm so by the time I actually completed any reading I was falling asleep and I really cannot write coherent updates in that state. It was a busy busy day. But I did get some reading done. Eventually.
Firstly, I caved to my non-TBR desires and started one of the most intimidating books on my current TBR pile, Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas. Now by start I do mean barely start, I completed four chapters and that amounted to… 28 pages. Hurrah! Okay, I didn’t stop reading this because I didn’t like it, the opposite in fact, but I had a terrible guilt weighing on me for starting a book I had planned on tackling for Tome Topple Read-a-thon in June. But now I have started it… I will be finishing it this month (hopefully).
So, guilt struck and I put Queen of Shadows down I decided to pick up Scarlet by Marissa Meyer, now I had put it down at page 83 yesterday but today I made it to page 206. Excellent progress compared to the last few days. I am getting used to the un-named points of view and I am starting to get into the actual story! I plan on finishing this today!
So that is my limited progress for yesterday, how did you do? I am getting close to finishing one of the challenges and hopefully having a long Bank Holiday Weekend ahead I plan on making as much progress as possible. Which challenges are you making progress on?
- Read 1200 pages
- Read a book with your name on the cover [in progress]
- Read a book set in a place you want to go
- Spell your name with books
- Listen to an audiobook
- Read a book with someone else
- Read a book someone else thinks you will love
- Read a book where the main character has a job you would love
- Read a book where the main character has a job you could see yourself doing
- Read a book about something you are passionate about [in progress]
- Read a book with your favourite colour on the cover
- Read a book from your favourite author